My name is Lorraine Hilton and I am in my third year of my undergraduate--double majoring in Math and History.
Post-calculus, I have taken 290 (Fundamentals of Mathematics), 313 (Linear Algebra), 314 (Multi-Variable Calculus), 300 (History and Philosophy of Mathematics), 341 (Theory of Analysis), 334 (Differential Equations) and I am currently enrolled in 371 (Abstract Algebra--obviously) and 352 (Complex Analysis).
I am taking this class because it is required to graduate with a math degree. But I am also curious about the subject--I don't really know what to expect.
The most effective math professor I ever had was Professor Villamizar. He was very clear in explaining the material. He was able to explain it at the students' level very effectively. Also, he sincerely cared about the students and brought the spirit into class. He was a genuine person and an excellent professor.
An interesting fact about me is that I really like to run. I have run two marathons and two half-marathons. I am preparing for a third half-marathon in March!
I cannot come to your scheduled office hours 2-2:50 MWF. I could come 3-3:50 MWF or 1-1:50 TTH or 4-4:50 TTH
No comments:
Post a Comment